Sales- Business Development Manager
Pune | Full Time
We are building the future, one classroom at a time.
CleverGround is an education infrastructure startup and the creator of the largest global teaching-exclusive platform. We have enabled millions of educators in India and across the globe digitize their classrooms with our proprietary, mobile-first, classroom technology.
We are a team of young, enterprising leaders with experience working at some of India’s leading startups over the years. Innovation, ownership and passion is at the heart of everything we do and we are all unified by the single mission of democratizing education by empowering educators and enabling them to create impactful learning experiences.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a part of CleverGround SaaS business team, you will be responsible to generate annual recurring revenue, and build a new customer base in India and abroad. The manager will need to develop a deep understanding of CleverGround live video offering. He/She needs to take ownership for the complete sales cycle, i.e., prospect, make introductory calls, qualify, and close strategic and profitable deals.
- Build a strategically selected list of target clients (with the help of Sales Leader).
- Constantly connect and pitch to top-level executives and decision makers of prospective customers.
- Establish clear use-case and manage pilots with measurable business impact.
- Establish pricing and the associated cost-benefit analysis.
- Tactfully negotiate by understanding the client’s decision-making and approval process.
- Successful handoff to the account manager.
- Share and build a best-practices knowledge base to share with current and future sales team members.
- Exploring new markets/target segments.
- Assist the product team in meetings to understand problems clients are facing.
- Proactively share insights and learnings from client conversations.
Must-have mindsets and skillsets:
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Competitive and has a track record of over-achieving sales quota.
- Proven track record of selling similar products (preferably SaaS).
- Deep understanding of business processes, customer journeys and client pain-points.
- Focus on personal competence building across all stages of sales. Constantly learning better ways to prospect, discover, negotiate, close, etc.
We are looking for engineers with “co-founder” mentality to join us and lead the building of a product that is changing the face of education like Uber changed urban mobility.
- It has taken us just over an year to onboard 8 Million users with a mere 12 strong engineering team
- This is due to the right problem selection and pure product & engineering focus instead of hard-selling
- We have built a massive suite of features to run classes on our platform that 10L+ teachers love to use
- Teachers and students interact live for over 30 million hours using our conferencing solution generating 4-petabyte data every month
- This scale could not be handled by any off-the-shelf solution, so we built our own implementation of video conferencing starting from WebRTC implementation to QOS based bandwidth control RFCs
- This is just one of the many things we are building from scratch: live whiteboard, live annotations, hand raise, etc
- 1,000 machines on the cloud churn out the class recordings that are available to students to run through 24×7
- 7. 60 Million events and 5 million notifications are sent every day between android/ios/web devices and our server