React Native Developer
Pune | Full Time
We are building the future, one classroom at a time.
CleverGround is an education infrastructure startup and the creator of the largest global teaching-exclusive platform. We have enabled millions of educators in India and across the globe digitize their classrooms with our proprietary, mobile-first, classroom technology.
We are a team of young, enterprising leaders with experience working at some of India’s leading startups over the years. Innovation, ownership and passion is at the heart of everything we do and we are all unified by the single mission of democratizing education by empowering educators and enabling them to create impactful learning experiences.
About the Role:
CleverGround is looking for a motivated and driven individual to build high performance mobile applications and contribute heavily to our product and growth.
- Bring complex user flows to live with front end development on React Native
- Take responsibility for the quality and stability of the product by getting hands-on with code
- Conduct design reviews of the iOS and Android
- Contribute to the architecture of the system
- Debugging complex issues, among other things.
- 3+ years of experience in iOS and Android development.
- Proficient with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services.
- Understanding of Material design principles.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Ability to debug and improve performance issues.
- Must-have mindsets and skillsets.
Must-have mindsets and skillsets:
- Deeply empathetic towards users’ needs.
- Able to envision solutions for a global product
- Able to work through complex problems with a wide variety of people while being uncompromising on execution.
- Experience in seeing and being a part of scaling a product.
We are looking for engineers with “co-founder” mentality to join us and lead the building of a product that is changing the face of education like Uber changed urban mobility.
- It has taken us just over an year to onboard 8 Million users with a mere 12 strong engineering team
- This is due to the right problem selection and pure product & engineering focus instead of hard-selling
- We have built a massive suite of features to run classes on our platform that 10L+ teachers love to use
- Teachers and students interact live for over 30 million hours using our conferencing solution generating 4-petabyte data every month
- This scale could not be handled by any off-the-shelf solution, so we built our own implementation of video conferencing starting from WebRTC implementation to QOS based bandwidth control RFCs
- This is just one of the many things we are building from scratch: live whiteboard, live annotations, hand raise, etc
- 1,000 machines on the cloud churn out the class recordings that are available to students to run through 24×7
- 7. 60 Million events and 5 million notifications are sent every day between android/ios/web devices and our servers