Machine Learning Engineer
Pune | Full Time
We are building the future, one classroom at a time.
CleverGround is an education infrastructure startup and the creator of the largest global teaching-exclusive platform. We have enabled millions of educators in India and across the globe digitize their classrooms with our proprietary, mobile-first, classroom technology.
We are a team of young, enterprising leaders with experience working at some of India’s leading startups over the years. Innovation, ownership and passion is at the heart of everything we do and we are all unified by the single mission of democratizing education by empowering educators and enabling them to create impactful learning experiences.
What you will do:
- Design and implement production grade ML systems
- Develop classifiers, recommenders, predictive models and multivariate optimization algorithms on large-scale datasets using advanced statistical modeling, machine learning and data mining.
- Work with a data engineering team to enable robust decision-making in terms of thinking about scale, latency, throughput requirements.
- Create tools/systems to speed-up ML lifecycle
- Ability to articulate the design and implementation choices to cross functional teams
- Evangelize operational excellence and reduce technical debt
- Contribute to the development of data-related products and services
What you will need:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Statistics or relevant field
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer
- Strong programming skills in Python or equivalent language
- Solid foundation in machine learning, NLP, classifiers, statistical modeling and multivariate optimization techniques
- General understanding of data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming and distributed computing concepts
Nice to have:
- Experience in scaling infrastructure to support high-throughput data-intensive applications
Must-have Mindsets And Skillsets:
- Eager to learn about real world machine learning systems
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated with an ability to work well in a high performing team in a fast-paced environment
We are looking for engineers with a “co-founder” mentality to join us and lead the building of a product that is changing the face of education like Uber changed urban mobility.
- It has taken us just over an year to onboard 8 Million users with a mere 12 strong engineering team
- This is due to the right problem selection and pure product & engineering focus instead of hard-selling
- We have built a massive suite of features to run classes on our platform that 10L+ teachers love to use
- Teachers and students interact live for over 30 million hours using our conferencing solution generating 4-petabyte data every month
- This scale could not be handled by any off-the-shelf solution, so we built our own implementation of video conferencing starting from WebRTC implementation to QOS based bandwidth control RFCs
- This is just one of the many things we are building from scratch: live whiteboard, live annotations, hand raise, etc
- 1,000 machines on the cloud churn out the class recordings that are available to students to run through 24×7
- 7. 60 Million events and 5 million notifications are sent every day between android/ios/web devices and our servers