Pune | Full Time
We are building the future, one classroom at a time.
CleverGround is an education infrastructure startup and the creator of the largest global teaching-exclusive platform. We have enabled millions of educators in India and across the globe digitize their classrooms with our proprietary, mobile-first, classroom technology.
We are a team of young, enterprising leaders with experience working at some of India’s leading startups over the years. Innovation, ownership and passion is at the heart of everything we do and we are all unified by the single mission of democratizing education by empowering educators and enabling them to create impactful learning experiences.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our DevOps team with experience building and scaling services in a cloud environment. You’ll be working with a technology team of 25 and senior leadership directly. You will establish configuration management, automate our infrastructure, implement continuous integration, and train the team in DevOps best practices to achieve a continuously deployable system.
- Improve CI/CD tooling.
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting.
- Build and maintain highly available systems.
- Implement onboarding, resource management, access control for the Tech, Product and analytics teams.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Strong Linux and admin skills
- GCP/AWS environment familiarity, configuration management
- Version control system, CI/CD building experience
- SQL, Networking (Subnetting, DNS, VPN etc)
- Excellent Communication skills
- 4+ years experience in dev-ops
Must-have mindsets and skillsets:
- Strong algorithmic thinking
- Seamless Collaboration with Mobile and Web Development team
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures,
We are looking for engineers with “co-founder” mentality to join us and lead the building of a product that is changing the face of education like Uber changed urban mobility.
- It has taken us just over an year to onboard 8 Million users with a mere 12 strong engineering team
- This is due to the right problem selection and pure product & engineering focus instead of hard-selling
- We have built a massive suite of features to run classes on our platform that 10L+ teachers love to use
- Teachers and students interact live for over 30 million hours using our conferencing solution generating 4-petabyte data every month
- This scale could not be handled by any off-the-shelf solution, so we built our own implementation of video conferencing starting from WebRTC implementation to QOS based bandwidth control RFCs
- This is just one of the many things we are building from scratch: live whiteboard, live annotations, hand raise, etc
- 1,000 machines on the cloud churn out the class recordings that are available to students to run through 24×7
- 7. 60 Million events and 5 million notifications are sent every day between android/ios/web devices and our servers