Types of Information being collected
We may collect the following types of from you in a variety of ways (both directly and indirectly), including, but not limited to, when you visit our website or mobile application, register on the site or mobile application, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website or mobile application.
Personally Identifiable Information
Users may be asked for Personally Identifiable Information as appropriate, which includes, but is not limited to, the Users name, email address, residential address and phone number.
Sensitive Personal Information
Users may be asked to provide Sensitive Personal Information, which include but are not limited to financial information such as preferred banking channels, payment methods, card details.
Non-personally identifiable information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they use our Services. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer or other device and technical information about Users, means of connection to our website or mobile application, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
Purpose of collection of information from
Users and how we use such information
We may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our website or mobile application.
- To improve our website and mobile application: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other website or mobile application feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, they may do so by contacting us via our website or mobile application.
How we protect your information
- CleverGround takes all necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and off-line, and implements reasonable security practices and measures including certain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with industry standards with respect to the information being collected and the nature of CleverGround’s business.
- In order to use the Services, you may be required to create a user account (“User Account”)which shall be authenticated and secured by a user name and password that you provide. No administrator or employee at CleverGround will have knowledge of your password. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your User Account, password, computer and your mobile phone. Be sure to log off from your User Account when finished. The Company does not undertake any liability for any unauthorised use of your account and password. Do remember that you are solely responsible for all acts done under the User Account registered to you. If you suspect any unauthorised use of your account, you must immediately notify the Company by sending an email to email@example.com . You shall be liable to indemnify the Company in respect of any loss suffered by it due to such unauthorised use of your User Account and password.
- CleverGround makes all user information accessible to its employees, agents or partners and third parties only on a need-to-know basis, and binds only its employees to strict confidentiality obligations.
- CleverGround assists Institutes, Teachers, Students and organise such information. CleverGround may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the appropriate authorities, or to Teachers who request access to such information.
- CleverGround assists students to access information related to them. CleverGround may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the relevant students, or to their teachers.
- Notwithstanding the above, CleverGround is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your Personal Information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties. Further, CleverGround shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of CleverGround including but not limited to, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the User etc.
- Third party Websites: Users may find advertising or other content on our website or mobile application that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the
- content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website or mobile application . In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our website or mobile application , is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
If you wish to place a complaint with regard to, privacy requirements or laws, use of or to access any of your Information or would like to correct any errors in your user information, please contact our designated Grievance Redressal Officer, Mr. Siddharth Pathre at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can consider and respond to your request. All requests will be addressed no later than thirty (30) days from the date such a request is made.
Terms and Conditions
This document was last updated on 06th March, 2019